My gluten free triple chocolate cookies recipe is probably my fave cookie recipe on the blog so far (but don’t tell my other recipes in case they get jealous!). It’s also dairy free and low FODMAP too!
Every time I seem make a new cookie recipe (I think we’re on the fourth one now), I seem to say that they’re “the best cookies ever”. Well, this time I actually mean it! Say hello to my gluten free triple chocolate cookies recipe…
Ok, so you might have seen my regular gluten free choc chip cookies recipe I posted a week or so ago.
I haven’t eaten a cookie that good in yeeeeears, but then I accidentally outdid myself. How did that happen?!
If I’m honest, I’ve never been a fan of double/triple chocolate cookies – I always tended to opt for the classic choc chip ones.
But oh wow. I never knew how awesome they could be until now!
I used my cookie recipe from my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but obviously with a few minor tweaks!
And in case you didn’t check out my last recipe (shame on you), these aren’t your regular, run of the mill hard biscuit type cookies.
These have a lovely, crispy exterior but are oh-so-gooey and chewy on the inside. It’s basically every gluten free person’s absolute dream, bite after bite!
You just can’t buy cookies like my gluten free triple chocolate cookies, so that’s why I absolutely had to show you how to make them.
And in reality, they really aren’t that tough to make at all! If you’re dairy free, sourcing decent white chocolate and chocolate chips might be a little tricky, but it’s so worth it.
I’d recommend the Moo Free dairy free chocolate chips or you could also cut up some dairy free white chocolate bars into square chunks too. Whatever it easier for you!
I found both of them at the supermarket, so hopefully you can find them too.
Of course, if you’re not dairy free then regular white chocolate and milk chocolate will do you fine!
So that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Now I guess you should know how to make them! So here’s my gluten free triple chocolate cookies recipe…
My Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe (dairy free, low FODMAP)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 120 g hard margarine (I've always used the hard block of Stork which is dairy free - if you don't need dairy free you could use butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 260 g gluten free plain flour
- 30 g cocoa powder (make sure it's gluten free and dairy free if necessary)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 160 g chocolate chips (I use a mix of white chocolate and milk chocolate - you can get dairy free version of these if necessary)
- In a bowl, mix together both your light brown sugar and caster sugar with your melted hard margarine. Mix until it all comes together and is fully combined.
- Add your egg and vanilla extract to the bowl and continue to mix (with a wooden spoon) until combined once more.
- In a separate bowl, add your gluten free flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cocoa powder (I always sieve coca powder) then briefly mix.
- Add your flour mix to your original bowl and mix till combined. Make sure your mixing bowl is big as this is quite a lot of flour. It can be hard work and takes time to really combine it all but it'll form a perfect cookie dough (you could use a stand mixer but I prefer to do cookie dough by hand).
- Add the chocolate chips and give them a good mix in so they are dispersed evenly. I often just buy bars of dairy free chocolate and break them up to make my own chips.
- Cover your mixing bowl with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes (you can make the cookie dough ahead of time also and keep it in the fridge until you need it).
- Heat your oven to 170C and prepare a couple of baking trays with good quality, non-stick baking paper.
- Remove your cookie dough from the fridge and roll your dough into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place them on your trays. This time I actually weighed my balls to ensure they were even. Each was about 60g. The cookies will spread a little so leave some gaps between them - I usually cook mine in a couple of batches.
- Pop into the preheated oven for 15 minutes - they should have flattened out to look more like cookies.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray before moving them. They'll be very soft at first so allow to cool.
Thanks for reading how to make my gluten free triple chocolate cookies recipe! If you make them, I’d love to see how they turned out so don’t forget to take a snap of your bakes and tag me on Instagram!
Plus, I’m giving away a £50 supermarket voucher every month to my fave pic – result.
Any questions about the recipe? Please do let me know by following me Instagram and leaving me a comment!
Thanks for reading,
Oh and don’t forget to pin this for later!