Gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe – an easy way to make the cookie monster jealous! And he’d never even notice that they’re gf either ?
Gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe, anyone? If you loved my gluten free peanut butter cookies, then you’ll love this twice as much because, well… there’s two in every bite!
What’s better than one peanut butter cookie? Ok, I think you know the answer to that already!
But what do they taste like?! Well, the cookies are crisp on the outside but soft and chewy in the middle, packed with peanut butter flavour. Oh and not forgetting the crunchy peanuts on top.
Of course, it’s that lovely, sweet and fluffy peanut butter icing in the middle that makes my gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe awesome. Every bite is an explosion of flavour, but one thing’s for sure… this is every peanut butter lover’s dream!
And if that’s you, then you should probably know how to make them! So here goes…
Ingredients for my gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe
For the cookies
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 140 g butter, melted, (or dairy free alternative)
- 160 g gluten free plain flour
- 250 g peanut butter, (smooth or crunchy – but ideally a more creamy peanut butter)
- 1 egg (if vegan, use half a mashed banana)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, (if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter so much for this recipe)
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 50 g chopped peanuts
For the icing
- 250g peanut butter (smooth but ideally a more creamy peanut butter)
- 70g butter, softened (or dairy free alternative)
- 120g icing sugar
- 80ml cream (double cream ideally but a dairy free or lactose free alternative is fine too)
- pinch of salt
1. Place your caster and light brown sugar is a bowl. Add your melted butter and mix throughly until combined.
2. Add in your egg and vanilla and mix in until combined.
3. Next add your peanut butter. Using an electric handmixer. Mix until smooth and combined.
4. Then add in your gluten free flour, bicarbonate of soda and optionally a 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum. Mix together until fully combined.
5. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours (cover the bowl with cling film). You can chill for longer too if you want to make the dough in advance.
6. Preheat your oven to 160C Fan / 180C and prepare 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
7. Once the dough has chilled, remove from the fridge and roll into balls (mine weighed about 35g each).
8. This step is optional: put your granulated sugar onto a plate and gently roll each dough ball in it. This will give it a lovely sparkle and crunch when it comes out the oven. You can also push in a few small pieces of peanut into the top of each ball – optional once more.
9. Place on your baking tray (leave gaps between them as they spread) and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking tray. Move over to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
11. For the icing, place your butter in a stand mixer (or use an electric hand whisk), mix on a medium speed for a minute or so.
12. Add all the other ingredients and mix briefly on a low speed (so icing sugar doesn’t fly out) and then up to a high speed until combined and the right consistency for you. This usually takes a further 2 minutes.
13. If the icing isn’t thick enough, just add a small amount more of icing sugar and mix it in until it’s the thickness you want.
14. To construct your cookie sandwiches, plonk a large blob of peanut butter icing in the middle of one of your cookies (the back of it of course!) Then using the other cookie, squash it down until the icing is just visible from the sides. Repeat with all your cookies.
And here’s a printer-friendly version of my gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe if you need it ?? Don’t forget to rate the recipe below if you tried it too!
Gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe, anyone? They're super easy to bake at home and you can even make them vegan/dairy free too. Nutritional info is estimated and not always accurate.
For the cookies
For the icing
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 9g
Gluten free peanut butter cookie sandwich recipe, anyone? They're super easy to bake at home and you can even make them vegan/dairy free too.
Nutritional info is estimated and not always accurate.
Any questions about the recipe? Please do let me know by following me on Instagram and leaving me a comment on a recent photo!
Thanks for reading,
Oh and don’t forget to pin this for later!