Mum’s Gluten Free Sticky Chicken dish is perfect for any occasion. I especially enjoy it cold as a dish at a summer party/BBQ. Give it a try & you won’t regret it!
Mum’s Sticky Chicken has been an incredibly popular party dish for as long as I can remember. It is perfect as a cold dish at a summer party / BBQ. I adore it alongside all the other homemade dishes she makes… her potato salad especially! You could definitely finish it off on the BBQ as well if you want it a bit more charred. Personally, I love the taste of the ‘sticky’ marinade when its cold the most!
It is super easy marinade to make & of course is gluten free! We always marinade a load of chicken thighs and drumsticks. I hope everyone agrees thigh meat beats dry breast meat every single day of the week!
My Mum recently made a big bowl of gluten free sticky chicken thighs & drumsticks to take to a BBQ a neighbour was having. As per usual it went down a treat and the recipe has been further given out to friends. Whilst it is easy to just take some burgers & sausages round to a BBQ, everyone does that, so it’s nice to take something different.
I’ve also enjoyed Mum’s gluten free sticky chicken many times for dinner. It is the perfect dinner to prepare before you go to work for the day. Marinade it whilst you’re out & put it in the oven when you get back. It is so simple to enjoy with rice & some veggies or even some homemade sweet potato fries & a salad. Basically it is just a delicious, versatile gluten free dish… & I love it!
Mum's Gluten Free Sticky Chicken
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp tabasco
- 2 tbsp black treacle molasses would work fine in place here!
- 2 tbsp honey or alternative... agave nectar or sweet freedom
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Measure out your orange juice, tabasco, black treacle, honey & mustard into a small bowl.
- Whisk / mix thoroughly together.
- Place your chicken thighs and drumsticks into an oven proof dish (we sometimes cook the chicken is 2 separate oven proof dishes to make sure it all gets well cooked and marinaded).
- Prick all the chicken with a fork so the marinade can get into it as much as possible!
- Pour the sticky chicken marinade over the chicken & make sure the chicken gets coated (it will likely sit in plenty of the marinade too)
- Cover the dish with clingfilm & marinade in the fridge ideally over night, but a few hours will still be fine.
- Place in a preheated oven (180 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven proof dish & place in another dish to cool down completely. (Leave any of the juices & marinade behind)
- Keep in the fridge until ready to eat...
Please let me know if you get the chance to try my Mum’s gluten free sticky chicken. I would love to see some pictures! Also let me know what your favourite marinade for chicken is. I always love to try out some new flavours! Just leave a comment below, or on Facebook/Twitter.
Thanks for reading & thanks Mum!