Here's my Nando's style Peri-Peri chicken recipe that's gluten free, dairy free and low FODMAP!
In a shallow dish (big enough to fit all of your chicken) add all the ingredients and mix until well combined. It should smell amazing!
Next, add your chicken and ensure that the mixture coats everything really well.
Place your shallow dish into the fridge (ideally clingfilm it or cover it first) and allow the chicken to marinade anywhere from 1-12 hours. The longer, the better.
Take your chicken out of the fridge and place onto a clean baking tray. Spoon the marinade onto the chicken. Now you're ready to cook!
COOKING INFO FOR THE OVEN:
The time this will take to cook will vary depending on what cut of chicken you're using. I'd recommend picking up a digital thermometer so you can be doubly sure it's cooked (internal temp of 75C). Here's a few cooking guidelines...
- For a 1.4kg WHOLE chicken: 70-80 minutes at 190C/170C fan.
- For a 1.4kg spatchcocked chicken: 40 minutes at 200C/180C fan THEN grill for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- For chicken thighs on the bone: 30-35 minutes at 200C/180C fan THEN grill for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- For small skin-on chicken breast: 20 minutes at 200C/180C fan.
- For chicken wings: 30 minutes at 200C/180C fan
- For chicken drumsticks: 30-35 minutes at 200C/180C fan.
COOKING INFO FOR BBQ'ING ONLY:
Make sure you've spatchcocked your chicken BEFORE marinading (check the post above for a video on how to do this). After spatchcocking and marinading, fire up the BBQ on a medium heat. Place the spatchcocked chicken skin-side up in the middle of the grates - leave this for around 20-25 minutes with the lid closed. Flip it over and crisp up the skin for a further 10 minutes with the lid closed. Use a digital thermometer to make sure it's cooked - that's an internal temp of 75C for chicken.
Serve up with my spicy rice and enjoy!